The Muffuletta Festival was founded to celebrate a uniquely New Orleans food tradition and the people who created it.
THINGS TO DO, SEE AND EAT AT THE FEST!
- Experience dance performances from the Muff-A-Lotta's.
- Pick up some new tips during cooking demonstrations.
- Learn about the history of the Muffuletta in history presentations.
- Shop at one of several local retail vendor booths.
- Enjoy delicious Muffuletta Sandwiches from Nor-Joe Imports.
- Indulge in other Italian specialties like Gelato, Cannolis and more.
- Listen to the sweet sounds of The Yat Pack!
- Play Bocce Ball with the Italian American Bocce Club of Greater New Orleans.
FULL SCHEDULE COMING SOON!
Directions and Parking Info
The festival is located at 505 Frisco Ave. Metairie, LA 70005.
Please be aware that the intersection of Canal St. and City Park Ave. is closed for construction.
Take Tulane to Airline
Right at Palmetto (towards Longue Vue House and Gardens)
Left at Metairie Rd.
Cross the Tracks, you’re there.
Take Oaklawn or Bonnabal to Metairie Rd.
Take a left at Metairie Rd.
Head to Frisco Ave.
If you cross the tracks, you’ve gone to far
Parking is available in the lots at 701 and 800 Metairie Rd, thanks to Stirling Properties.
Most of the Old Metairie retail shops are closed on Sunday so parking should be available at most of the retail areas in the vicinity. Please be respectful of our neighbors. Read the signs carefully and be sure that the place of business is closed with no parking enforcement before parking in commercial lots. Also, neighbors expect a certain amount of traffic and parking but we certainly don’t want to block their driveways or access points. Just be smart and respectful and we shouldn’t have any problems. Let’s have a good time!
- Promote and preserve the legacy of the iconic Muffuletta sandwich and Italian-American population of Greater New Orleans.
- Create a sustainable and fun, family-oriented activity for the Metairie and Jefferson Parish community.
Most importantly, be safe, drink responsibly, and have fun. Other than that, we have a few housekeeping rules:
- NO Outside Food or Drink
- NO Coolers, Chests, Packs, or Sacks
- NO Drugs or Weapons of any kind (Seriously)
- Parking in designated areas & please DO NOT block driveways and right aways
- NO Tents, Large Canvasses, or Tarps
- DON’T Trash the neighborhood, use proper receptacles
- Children Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Keep your young ones close by
*The event will take place adjacent to an active freight railroad, please be alert and cautious